Savannah Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney
ber and Lyft are incredibly popular modes of transportation for individuals who need to get from place to place around Savannah. However, accidents involving rideshare vehicles do occur. At Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers, our team is standing by to help if you need a Savannah Uber and Lyft accident attorney by your side. We understand the laws surrounding these claims, and we know how insurance works when it comes to rideshare accidents. Let us get to work securing the compensation you need today.
Why Turn to Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers for Help
- At Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers, our team provides the coastal regions of Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida with experienced personal injury and wrongful death attorneys.
- We have a deep understanding of car accident insurance laws, as well as how Uber and Lyft accidents affect our clients.
- We handle Savannah Uber and Lyft cases on a contingency fee basis. This means clients pay no legal fees until we recover compensation for their losses.
How a Lawyer can Help an Uber or Lyft Accident Claim
Handling an Uber or Lyft claim can be challenging because aggressive insurance carriers step in and do everything in their power to limit how much money they pay out or even deny the claim altogether. A Savannah car accident attorney can fully investigate every aspect of the case in order to gather evidence proving liability. Importantly, a lawyer will make sure that they are the point of contact for every insurance carrier involved, including the insurance carrier for Uber or Lyft.
Who Pays for an Uber or Lyft Accident?
Precisely who pays for an Uber or Lyft accident depends on which driver was at fault for the incident. If a driver other than the rideshare driver was at fault, then their personal insurance carrier will be responsible for compensating injury and property damage victims. If the Uber or Lyft driver was at fault for the incident, then you need to be aware that these companies operate on different “periods” or tiers when it comes to insurance coverage.
- If a driver is not signed into the app to work, then their personal insurance coverage will handle the expenses if they cause an accident.
- If a driver is signed into the app to work but has no ride request, then their personal insurance coverage will still be the primary go-to. However, both Uber and Lyft do provide some coverage at this point, but usually only to supplement the driver’s personal insurance carrier.
- If a driver is on duty and has a ride request or currently has a passenger, then both Uber and Lyft have $1 million insurance policies designed to cover personal injuries or damages caused by the rideshare driver’s actions.
Call a Savanna Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has sustained an injury involving an accident with an Uber or Lyft vehicle in Savannah, reach out to the team at Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers for help today. Our Savannah personal injury attorneys have the resources necessary to fully investigate your case, and we will stand up to the insurance carriers involved to recover the compensation you need. When you need a Savannah Uber and Lyft accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by filling out our form or calling us at (912) 355-1909.