Savannah Dog Bite Injury Lawyer
Dog bites might seem like a minor incident, but they can have severe consequences, both physically and emotionally. Besides the physical pain and trauma, victims of dog bites might suffer financially, especially if extensive medical treatment is required. Fortunately, you may be able to hold the dog owner accountable for their pet’s behavior. For help, contact Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers to schedule a free consultation.
Why Hire Bowen Painter After a Dog Bite
It’s important to have an experienced firm by your side when filing a claim for damages after a dog bite. Here’s what sets us apart from the rest:
- We are successful in 95 percent of the cases we take on.
- Rather than taking on as many cases as we can, we only take on approximately 5% of inquiries. This allows us to give every case the attention it deserves.
- We have successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients, with some impressive individual settlements touching the seven-figure range
How a Lawyer Can Help With a Dog Bite Claim
Dog bites can be traumatic, leading to costly medical bills, lost time at work, and lasting mental harm. One of the first things you should do if you or a loved one has been attacked by a dog in Georgia is to seek the advice of a qualified Savannah personal injury attorney. Here’s what they can do to help:
- They can gather evidence to support your claim. This may include obtaining medical records, witness statements, and photographs of the injury. Gathering evidence is critical to proving liability and establishing the full extent of your damages.
- Most dog bite claims are covered under homeowner’s insurance policies, and insurance companies are not always eager to pay out large settlements. A lawyer with experience in dog bite claims can negotiate with insurance adjusters and fight for a fair settlement that covers all your damages, including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- If negotiations with the insurance company fail, a lawyer can also file a lawsuit on your behalf. They will guide you through the litigation process and represent your interests in court. Your lawyer can draft legal documents, conduct depositions, and present evidence to a judge or jury.
Dog Bite Injuries
Dog bites can be a serious issue. Even a small bite can cause deep puncture wounds that go below the skin and affect underlying tissues and nerves.
Infections are a major concern with dog bite injuries. Dogs’ saliva contains bacteria that can cause serious infections such as tetanus, rabies, and sepsis. If left untreated, these infections can lead to even more health complications, and may even be fatal.
In addition to physical injuries, dog bites can also lead to psychological trauma, especially for children who may develop a fear of dogs or animals.
Georgia’s Dog Bite Laws
There are specific conditions that must be met for the owner to be held liable in dog bite cases. According to O.C.G.A. § 51-2-7, owners of dogs in Georgia may be held strictly liable for bites under the following circumstances.
- The dog must be considered vicious and required to be leashed or at heel by the county or city; and
- The dog must have been loose or poorly managed when the incident occurred; and
- The dog must have attacked without provocation.
To prove viciousness: “In proving vicious propensity, it shall be sufficient to show that the animal was required to be at heel or on a leash by an ordinance of a city, county, or consolidated government, and the said animal was at the time of the occurrence not at heel or on a leash.
If these conditions are met, an injured party may recover damages from the owner.
Contact Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers For Help With Your Dog Bite Claim
Victims of dog bites should not be left to suffer without compensation. If you or someone you love has been injured by a vicious dog, it is important to seek legal help to recover the damages you deserve. Contact Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers to schedule a free consultation.