Duluth Wrongful Death Attorney
Losing a loved one is a complex and emotionally trying process, so it’s important to choose an experienced wrongful death attorney who will be able to help you obtain the compensation you’re entitled to. Contact Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers to schedule a free consultation.
Why Bowen Painter is The Right Choice For Your Wrongful Death Claim
Losing a loved one is an incredibly difficult experience, and hiring a lawyer can help you get the justice you need. Bowen Painter is the right choice because:
- We understand that this isn’t just about money—it’s also about justice. We’ll do everything we can to hold the at fault parties responsible.
- We have extensive experience in handling wrongful death cases across various areas of law including medical malpractice, nursing home negligence and abuse, auto accidents, and product liability claims.
- We have relationships with experts in the necessary fields, like medicine and accident reconstruction, which can be invaluable resources when pursuing a wrongful death claim.
How a Lawyer Can Help After The Loss of a Loved One
Filing a successful wrongful death claim requires knowledge of the law that most laypeople don’t have. Here’s how a lawyer can help:
- An experienced attorney will know how state laws apply in your case as well as how state courts have interpreted those laws in past similar cases.
- Additionally, attorneys have access to resources such as expert witnesses who can testify on your behalf should your case go before a judge or jury trial, which can occur if negotiations fail.
- Finally, an attorney specializing in wrongful deaths will be familiar with all applicable statutes of limitations so you don’t miss any deadlines associated with submitting your claim before time runs out.
Most Common Types of Wrongful Death Claims
A wrongful death claim is designed to provide compensation for losses suffered as a result of someone else’s negligence. The following are some of the most common circumstances that lead to these types of cases:
Car Accidents and Truck Accidents
Every year thousands of people die in traffic-related fatalities due to negligence or reckless behavior on the part of drivers and other parties involved in road travel. Car and truck accident claims are typically pursued against negligent drivers who violate traffic laws or fail to exercise reasonable care when operating their vehicles on public roads.
In 2019, motorcycles in Georgia represented 2% of registered vehicles, but were involved in 21% of total driver fatalities in the state. Deadly collisions are more common than when you’re in a car due to their smaller size and lack of protection from outside elements such as wind or debris. Wrongful death claims can result from another driver’s negligence, a defective part on the motorcycle, poorly maintained roads, and more.
Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents
Pedestrian and bicycle accident claims involve victims who were walking or riding a bike at the time of impact with another vehicle or object on public property. These cases hinge on proving that the driver responsible for causing a collision was negligent in some way—for example by speeding through an intersection without watching for pedestrians crossing the street.
Product liability wrongful death claims are filed against manufacturers who produce defective products that cause death when used as instructed. Some examples include exploding gas tanks, faulty brakes on vehicles, and power tools without proper safety features.
Contact Bowen Painter For Assistance
When dealing with a wrongful death claim, it’s important to seek out legal representation from an attorney who understands the nuances involved in such cases – not only legally but emotionally too. At Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers, we prioritize both so that justice is served. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.