Duluth Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
Uber and Lyft are two of the most popular ride-sharing services, but unfortunately accidents do happen. If you’ve been injured in an accident while using one of these services, then you may be wondering what your options are when it comes to mounting medical expenses and time away from work. For help after an accident, contact Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers to schedule a free consultation.
Why Choose Bowen Painter After an Uber or Lyft Accident
If you’ve been injured as a result of an accident involving an Uber or Lyft driver, Bowen Painter can help. Here’s why we’re the right choice:
- Our attorneys have more than 20 years of experience handling all types of personal injury cases, including those involving taxi and ride-share services such as Uber and Lyft.
- We will take the time to listen carefully to your story and make sure that your voice is heard in court. We want to ensure that you get what you deserve so you can put this ordeal behind you and move forward with your life.
- If we don’t win and you don’t receive any money, you don’t pay us. This allows us to provide top-notch legal representation without any financial risk on your part.
Why You Need a Lawyer After an Uber or Lyft Accident
If you have been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, you may be wondering what you should do next — and, more importantly, whether hiring an attorney is the best option for you. The answer is yes, and here’s why:
- Both rideshare companies often try to dispute their liability in these cases because they don’t want to pay out any money. This means they will do whatever they can to avoid accountability — unless there is compelling evidence that proves otherwise. An experienced lawyer knows how to collect that evidence so that your case has the greatest chance of success.
- There are often multiple parties involved who need to be held accountable for their actions. A lawyer can help keep track of all parties involved and make sure they are all held liable for their part in causing your injuries or damages.
- An experienced attorney will know how much compensation you are entitled to and will fight to make sure you get what you deserve.
Determining Liability and Insurance Coverage
After a rideshare accident, the most important thing to know about liability and insurance coverage is whether or not the driver was logged into the app at the time of the crash. Depending on their status, there are three stages of insurance that could potentially apply.
- If the driver was not logged into the app when the accident occurred, injured victims must make a claim through the driver’s personal auto insurance policy.
- If they were logged into the app but had no passengers, both Uber and Lyft provide $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident in liability coverage, as well as $25,000 in property damage coverage per accident. It is important to note that these amounts may not be enough to cover all damages resulting from an accident and in some cases, injured parties may still be able to pursue additional compensation from the driver.
- Finally, if the driver was carrying passengers, both companies offer up to $1 million in total coverage for bodily injury and property damage claims arising out of an accident caused by one of their drivers (or another party).
Contact Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers For Help After Uber & Lyft Accidents
At Bowen Painter Law Firm, our goal is simple: To help those who have been injured by Uber or Lyft drivers get back on their feet financially so they can focus on recovery. If you’ve been injured and think you might be entitled to compensation, contact Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers to schedule a free consultation.