Marietta Car Accident Lawyer
Most Marietta residents leave home each day expecting to arrive safely at their destinations, yet sadly, annual traffic accident fatalities are on the rise in Georgia, from 1,226 in 2011 to 1,664 in 2020. No one expects their daily drive to work or their weekend running errands to end in a car accident but increased traffic congestion in the Marietta/Atlanta area has led to a rise in car accidents ranging from fender-benders to catastrophic accidents with grave injuries and fatalities.
Why Choose Bowen Painter Trial Lawyer’s Marietta Car Accident Attorneys?
Accidents are always distressing, but never more so than when they result from the negligence or recklessness of someone else. The Georgia trial attorneys at Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers can help to defend your rights against insurance companies that try to manipulate Georgia’s comparative fault law to undervalue accident claims.
If you’ve suffered serious damages in a car accident caused by another party, you deserve full compensation for your damages. Contact our office today for a free evaluation of your Marietta car accident case.
What is a Comparative Fault State, and How Does it Impact My Georgia Accident Claim?
In Georgia, the state’s at-fault accident laws demand that the party who caused an accident is held accountable, usually through a payout from their insurance policy. In Georgia, even if you were partly at fault in an accident—for instance, if someone else ran a red light but you were found to have been exceeding the speed limit during the collision—you could be found as 20% at fault. This means you could still gain $80,000 of damages worth $100,000.
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, you need a seasoned car accident attorney representing your best financial interests throughout the accident claim process. This includes proving liability on the part of the party at fault by showing:
- That they owed a duty of care to keep other motorists safe on the roadways
- That they acted negligently or recklessly and breached that duty
- That an accident and injuries resulted from the accident
- That you—as the accident victim—suffered real damages.
Once your attorney proves these points of liability, your accident claim can move forward toward the maximum compensation.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Marietta
If you’ve been seriously injured in a car accident, you might have to simply remain in place and wait for help, and then contact a car accident lawyer later. If you are able to safely move you can use your phone— or ask someone else to use your phone—to take the following steps to protect your physical and financial future:
- Call 911 and report the accident
- Take photos of the damaged vehicles and the accident scene
- Collect contact information for other drivers and eyewitnesses
After you’re transported to the hospital undergo a complete medical evaluation and do the following:
- Tell the doctor about every symptom
- Ask for a detailed doctor’s report
- Follow all of your doctor’s recommendations for treatment
- Obtain a copy of the police report
- Call the Marietta car accident attorneys at Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers for a free case evaluation
If a family member has passed due to their injuries in a car accident, contact our wrongful death lawyers in Marietta to learn more about what you can do in a wrongful death claim.
What Damages Can I Claim After a Marietta Car Accident?
A serious car wreck has a ripple effect on a family’s finances. While financial compensation can’t undo an accident, it can help open doors to the best medical care and relieve financial burdens during recovery. Damages you can claim for compensation in a car accident include:
- Your medical expenses and future expenses for further treatment
- Your lost wages and future lost pay, especially if you’ve been disabled from the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic damages like disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, and emotional anguish
Why Choose Us for Your Marietta Car Accident Claim?
The Marietta personal injury lawyers at Bowen Painter have a long local history of successful accident claims that work for your benefit against powerful insurance companies. We stand ready to take your case to court if the liable party’s insurance does not offer an ample settlement, but the chances of an out-of-court settlement are much greater when our accident attorneys represent your interests. Call us at (912) 335-1909 or contact our Marietta office today for a free consultation and pay nothing until you receive the compensation you deserve.