College Park Brain Injury Lawyer
Brain injuries are among the most severe and life-altering injuries a person can experience. The consequences of these injuries can be devastating, affecting not only the individual but also their families and loved ones. If you need help recovering compensation after a brain injury accident, our lawyers are here to help. Contact Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers to schedule a free consultation.
Why You Should Work With Bowen Painter For Your Brain Injury Claim
At Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers, we specialize in helping clients with brain injury claims. Here are a few reasons you should consider working with us:
- We work on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t get paid unless we win your case. This arrangement allows us to take on cases that we believe in without putting financial strain on our clients.
- We don’t take every brain injury case that comes our way. Instead, we carefully evaluate each potential client and case to determine whether we believe we can win. If we choose to work with you, you can be confident that we believe in your case and will do everything we can to achieve a successful outcome.
- Brain injury claims can be complex and often involve going up against large corporations and insurance companies. At Bowen Painter, we have a team of legal experts and the resources necessary to take on these powerful entities.
How a Lawyer Can Help with Your Brain Injury Claim
A knowledgeable and experienced brain injury lawyer can significantly impact your case by:
- Conducting a thorough investigation of the incident.
- Gathering crucial evidence to support your claim, such as medical records, witness statements, and expert testimony.
- Calculating the full extent of your damages, including economic and non-economic losses.
- Negotiating with insurance companies and opposing counsel to reach a fair settlement.
- Representing you in court, if necessary, to secure the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries Leading to Personal Injury Claims
There are numerous ways in which an individual can sustain a brain injury. Some common causes that often lead to personal injury claims include:
- Motor vehicle accidents (cars, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians)
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents (especially in construction or industrial settings)
- Sports-related injuries
- Assaults or acts of violence
- Medical malpractice (misdiagnosis, surgical errors, or medication errors)
How to Prove a Brain Injury Claim
To successfully prove a brain injury claim, the plaintiff must establish the following elements:
Duty of care: Show that the defendant owed you a legal duty to act reasonably and avoid causing harm.
Breach of duty: Prove that the defendant failed to uphold their duty of care by acting negligently.
Causation: Establish a direct link between the defendant’s breach of duty and your brain injury.
Damages: Demonstrate the extent of your injuries and the financial, emotional, and physical losses you’ve suffered as a result.
Factors That Affect Compensation in a Brain Injury Claim
Several factors can influence the amount of compensation awarded in a brain injury claim, such as:
- The severity of the injury and its impact on the individual’s life
- The extent of medical treatment required, both immediate and long-term
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- The degree of negligence or fault attributed to each party involved
Contact Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers For Help With Your Brain Injury Claim
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers. We offer a free consultation and will work with you to determine whether you have a case.