Bluffton Truck Accidents
If you were recently injured in a truck accident in Bluffton, South Carolina, you may be eligible for financial compensation for your present and future losses. The attorneys at Bowen Painter Trial Lawyers can help you understand and protect your rights throughout the claims process. We are experienced and compassionate truck accident attorneys who accept clients throughout the coastal regions of Georgia, South Carolina and Florida. Learn more about your specific case today during a free consultation.
Common Causes of Truck Wrecks in South Carolina
Most large truck accidents are preventable. These types of collisions take place when one or more parties are negligent. The legal definition of negligence is the failure to act with reasonable care, resulting in harm to another party. If someone else’s negligence or recklessness caused your truck accident, that person or party may be financially responsible (liable) for the wreck.
Three common causes of commercial truck accidents in South Carolina are:
- Truck driver error. Despite being responsible for large and dangerous vehicles, truck drivers often make the same mistakes as other drivers. These include distracted driving, drowsy driving, drunk driving, speeding, breaking roadway rules, making unsafe turns and running red lights. In many cases, a trucking company is responsible for accidents caused by its drivers.
- Trucking company negligence. A truck company has a legal obligation to ensure the reasonable safety of its trucks and drivers. If a truck company is guilty of negligent hiring, training, retention, federal law compliance, truck maintenance or other procedures, it may be liable for a related traffic collision.
- Cargo-related hazards. Lost cargo loads and cargo shifting while in transit, resulting in rollover accidents and loss of vehicle control, cause many truck accidents each year. Trucking companies and cargo companies have a duty to properly load trucks and secure cargo. Failing to do so can lead to company liability for a wreck.
Other common causes of truck accidents are road hazards, defective truck parts and third-party driver error. If you are not sure who or what caused your truck accident, our attorneys can investigate your collision to determine fault. We can also help you preserve and collect key evidence to support a lawsuit against one or more defendants.
Damages Available in a Truck Accident Lawsuit
The goal of a truck accident claim is to obtain damages, or financial compensation, for a victim’s losses. Although no amount of money can make up for a severe injury inflicted by a truck accident, obtaining a fair and full settlement could allow you and your family to pay off related debts and move forward with greater financial peace of mind.
You may be eligible for the following damages in a South Carolina truck accident lawsuit:
- Hospital bills
- Ongoing or latent medical expenses
- Disability or disfigurement
- Lost wages
- Vehicle repairs or replacement
- Legal fees
- Travel and out-of-pocket costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional injuries and psychological damage
- Wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages
The value of your truck accident lawsuit will depend on factors that are specific to your case, such as the severity of your injuries and whether or not you will have future related costs. Our Savannah truck accident attorneys can thoroughly evaluate your case to determine its value. Then, we can use aggressive legal strategies – including going to court, if necessary – to fight for maximum financial compensation for your past and future losses.
Contact Us Today
If you are the victim of a recent commercial truck or tractor-trailer accident in Bluffton, South Carolina, find out how we can help you and your family during this difficult time. Request your free consultation today. We can answer your questions and let you know if you have grounds for a case.
Our lawyers care about injured truck accident victims and are passionate about holding wrongdoers accountable. Call (912) 335-1909 or briefly describe your accident in an online message and we’ll call you back as soon as possible.